Photo by Content Pixie on Unsplash What entrepreneurship is and the secrets to success Entrepreneurship is a word that gets thrown around quite often these
How To Promote Your Blog: 21 Tips and Tricks
Promoting your blog can be a challenge, but with these 21 tips and tricks, you’ll be able to increase your audience and grow your blog. From how to write good content that people will want to read, how to use social media efficiently, how to build links on other sites, how to think outside the box by using unusual strategies… we’ve got you covered!
Tips for promoting your blog:
- Create share-worthy content
- Publish the right time
- Check your On-Page SEO
- Target Long and Medium Tail Keywords
- Write a blog post on new topics
- Post on social media platforms
- Get traffic from Google
- Paid blog promotion strategy
- Run Facebook Ads
- Email Outreach
- Guest Post
- Podcast Promotions
- Turn blog content into YouTube videos
- Eye-catching social media images
- Create a blog alliance
- Cross-pollinate your audience
- Leave super helpful comments on other blogs
- Promote your blog in forums like Quora
- In-app notifications
- Tap into the power of online influencers
- Niche Social Bookmarking Sites
Preparing your blog post for success
Properly preparing your blog for success is an essential part of how to promote your blog. Before you even start writing, think about how people will want to read it and what kind of questions they might have that the content answers. In addition, do some research into other blogs in a similar vein as yours so you can figure out how you stack up compared to them and how readers are finding their blog.
Include information that readers will find useful and engaging, not dry or full of fluff. When you’re writing how to promote your blog content, consider what makes a good article in general: how well is it written? Is there at least one image per 500 words? Does the author have any kind of voice which makes it an enjoyable read?
How to write good blog content that people will want to read: how can you make your article stand out from others in a similar vein? Are there interesting facts or statistics which readers would find useful, not too common knowledge already, and support the points being made? Does your writing flow well and is easy for readers to follow?
There are many how-to articles on the Internet, but how do you write one that stands out from among them? It’s not easy. Just remember that your blog should have some kind of unique selling point or angle so it doesn’t look like something which has been written before. Your content needs to be helpful and give readers a reason to believe that how you’re offering how to promote your blog advice is reliable and trustworthy.
Writing engaging content isn’t the only part of how to promote your blog, however; it’s also important for readers to know where they can find more information if necessary or how they might be able to get in touch with you.
Think about what people will need to know once they’ve read your blog. Are there any pieces of information that might be useful for them in the future, how can you make it easy for people to do business with you or get in touch?
Create share-worthy content
It is said that “CONTENT IS KING” and there is a good reason for that. When you write a blog post, make sure it is relevant and offers value to your readers. If you are wondering how to promote your blog, the content of each post should be able to answer that question for them.
For example, if you’re writing about how-to’s then this will likely attract many people who need help learning how something is done. Make your content worth sharing by highlighting how it can help others!
Content should also be written to the reader, not at them or past them. Write as if you are speaking directly to someone and tell a story that is relatable with real-life examples. This will make people feel like they know you personally which makes them more likely to share your content.
When you are writing how-to’s, include screenshots of how things work or look so that readers can see what they will be learning how to do it themselves. This is very helpful for those who may need further support or explanations on how something works and help them feel more confident in completing the task at hand.
Publish the right time
When you post your blog, share on social or do a promotion the time that you post is very important. You need to make sure that you post in a certain time frame when the people are online and using social media because this is how they get their information nowadays.
Posting during or after work hours can grab your readers’ attention more than posting at night, but it’s also best not to publish posts right before bedtime as well.
Publishing your post at the right time will get you more views, likes, and shares. You should do some research to find out how many people are online during specific hours to know when is the best time for publishing your posts.
Check your On-Page SEO
The SEO on your blog page needs to accurately reflect your topic and primary keywords. The text on your blog page should be readable and free of grammatical errors.
This is very important as ranking online will be impossible if your blog isn’t properly optimized. Keyword optimization can be done on a one-off basis or as part of your website’s ongoing SEO.
SEO quick tips:
- Add a meta description: A good description will entice your visitor to click and read more, and help rank you higher in Google results.
- Add keywords: Use the words that best describe your post in the title and throughout the content.
- Keep an eye on how many words you publish: The keyword density is how often you use a word relative to how often it appears in your post. You can’t cram too many keywords into any one sentence or paragraph, but try to have them embedded here and there within your blog content.
- Include links that are related to the topic of your blog: Link to other pages on your blog where appropriate, as well as external sites related to what you’re writing about. This will help you rank high for your post title in Google and other search engines, but don’t overdo it or you could get into trouble with the search engine guidelines
Target Long and Medium Tail Keywords
Using long-tail keywords is a great way to find low competitive keywords with decent volume.
Long-tail keywords are very specific phrases that, when searched for, will usually bring up a single result or at most two pages. For example: “dog training class” is a long-tail keyword with a search volume of 14,800 searches per month (the US only). This means it gets looked up an average of roughly 482 times every day and is a good keyword to target.
Short-tail keywords are very broad and usually consist of only one or two words with no additional modifiers such as “for dogs”, etc… For example: “dog training” is a short tail keyword with a search volume of 135,000 per month (the US only). This means it gets looked up an average of roughly 4600 times every day and would be a waste to target.
Targeting long-tail keywords will bring you the most targeted traffic for your blog post with fewer competitors.
In addition, since each phrase is usually searched less frequently it also means that there are not as many people competing against you on those specific keywords.
Write a blog post on new topics
Writing posts on new topics can bring you a lot of traffic if they are written properly.
The key to getting good search engine rankings is having the right keywords in your post content, and this means including them on occasion throughout your text (not cramming too many into one sentence or paragraph).
You need to make sure that the topic you want to cover has a decent search volume, but this is not as important for new topics since it will be easier to rank.
Including links that are related to the topic of your blog and having a meta description written well will help you immensely with getting more traffic from Google searches.
Writing a blog on topics that are not over-saturated is good for your blog, you will have less competition and it is easier to rank.
Writing a blog on new topics will bring you traffic from people who have not read anything similar before, so your content needs to be written well and match what the search engine results are showing for that phrase or topic.
Post on social media platforms
Sharing your blog post on social media sites is a great way to get it in front of more people.
- Post on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- find the most relevant hashtags for your post topic #bloggingtips #marketingtips
- add images that are related or grab some from an online source like Unsplash or Pixabay
Post at different times during the day to reach different audiences – experiment and find out how it works for your blog
- add a link to your new post in your emails (if you’re using an email marketing platform like Mailchimp)
Promoting your blog content is one of the most important things that bloggers can do. This helps get more traffic, which results in more people reading your blog.
- Experiment with how it works for you and find out what is the best time to share new posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Promoting your content helps get more traffic which results in people reading your blog. Posting on social media platforms is also how you reach new readers.
Get traffic from Google
Google is one of the most popular ways to get traffic to your blog, and for good reason. It has a large user base and delivers reliable results. So, how do you promote your blog on Google?
Here are ten tips to promote your blog with Google:
- Submit it to as many places as possible (blogs, directories).
- Link back from other related sites.
- Optimize the site description tag in the HTML.
- Include the blog URL in your email signature and social media profiles.
- Spend time building connections with other bloggers.
- Get trusted reviews from industry experts on blogs, directories, etc…
- Make sure you have a strong knowledge of SEO basics (i.e., tags).
- Attract more traffic by offering something of value (giveaways, prizes).
- Create a blog about your expertise. This will help promote you as an expert and it’s easier to promote yourself if people already know who you are.
- Promote the site with paid search strategies like Google Adwords or Facebook ads.
- Keyword research
Paid blog promotion strategy
Running paid promotions is a great way to get people to promote your blog. Promoting your blog is a great way to get more exposure for your blog. You promote your blog by running paid promotions or through other means like social media, email marketing, and giveaways.
You can promote your blog on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram as well as Google Adwords among many others. Running promoted posts is good because you know exactly how many people are responding to your ads. You can promote different products and services by using paid promotions which is good for increasing awareness of your brand.
Paid promotions get instant exposure to your blog. You can promote a single post or an entire website depending on how much money you want to spend.
Run Facebook Ads
Running paid Ads is very economical compared to other advertising options, such as Google Adwords.
Facebook Ads is one of the best tools to get your product or services in front of a targeted audience and for a small investment, you can reach many customers whose interest matches what you offer.
The good thing about Facebook ads is great for targeting people by demographics, which are age, location, and interests.
Facebook Ads can be very targeted to your audience.
You might want to use keywords that people are using on Facebook when they search for products or services like yours; this will help you reach the right customers who are looking for what you offer.
The best thing about target people by interest is you can be very specific and your message will only match the people who are interested in it, thus creating a stronger chance of a conversion.
Facebook Ads tend to perform better than other social media tools like Twitter ads or Instagram ads because Facebook offers more targeting options that make your advertisement reach exactly those who would want to see it.
Sending emails to your subscriber list is a great way to increase traffic to your blog.
However, it is important to do so in a way that doesn’t annoy or turn off your readers. If you are not careful about how often you send emails and what the content of those emails is then they might unsubscribe from your list entirely. This can have lasting negative effects on any future campaigns you run because people will think of you as a spammer and will be less likely to open your email in the future.
Email outreach should:
- have value for the subscriber (ex: tips, ideas, strategies)
- avoid giving away all information at once – use links that direct them back to the blog itself where they can find out more details about what you are offering.
- use an attractive subject line that is clearly related to the content of your email (avoid generic titles like “New post!”). Use a number in your title if you have several emails with similar themes (ex: Top Ten Tips for Blogging Success #11)
- be short and concise – use bullet points, bolding, and italics to help break up the text.
- use a clear call to action at the end of your email (ex: click here for more tips).
Be sure to always provide value for the subscriber and never spam them with useless information. If you do this, your readers will continue to trust you and look forward to receiving your emails in their inboxes!
Guest posts are an excellent way to increase traffic, get more subscribers and boost your search engine rankings. Guest posts allow you to establish relationships with other bloggers in your niche while providing valuable information about things that interest them. The result is a win-win for everyone involved because it benefits both the guest poster who gets exposure through your blog, as well as the blog owner who gets great content to share with their readers.
Creating a valuable post for your guest poster will help them promote you and send traffic back to your website so it’s important not only what you write, but also how well-written it is. The writing should be useful and easy to read while being informative enough to be valuable to your readers. If you need additional help with this, consider hiring a professional writer or editor who can make sure the post is well-written and error-free.
Podcast promotes traffic to your blog. You have a great podcast that has been downloaded by many people, but you want more downloads of course! In this article, we will talk about how to promote podcasts and promote the promotion of blogs through syndication.
First, let’s look at why it is so important to promote not only our podcasts but promote them through syndication. Syndication is an effective way to promote our blog because it can help us in two ways: increased traffic and increased subscribers.
Increase the number of people accessing your content will increase traffic, which means that you have more potential customers who can become interested in what you are selling or simply be curious about what you are talking about.
Increased subscriptions are obviously the best way to promote your blog because it means that people are interested in what you have to say, which will increase traffic over time and may even result in more conversions (visits) if they like your blog posts! Of course, there are many ways of promoting a podcast through syndication.
Turn blog content into YouTube videos
Turning your blog into a video is a great way to gain more exposure for your content. It will be more visible on social media sites and also rank higher in Google searches if it has a YouTube video associated with it.
Let’s look at the benefits of having an accompanying video for your blog post:
- Videos promote engagement – people are 61% more likely to engage when you include videos into your marketing plan
- Videos promote social media growth – videos are shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other networks up to 120% more than text or image posts
- YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google. Having a video associated with your post will increase views of not only your blog but also help promote any products you sell as well!
- Videos promote conversation – consumers are more likely to ask questions about products and services when they’re watching a video. This is great for customer service teams because it can answer some of the most common questions that may arise on your blog
- Videos promote trust in customers – videos give people an inside look at your business, so they feel like they know you better. This builds trust and may increase the chances that they’ll become a paying customer
- Videos promote awareness about your brand – people love to share videos, so making them accessible on those platforms will gain you more exposure for yourself and any products or services you offer!
The benefits of having an accompanying video for your blog are endless! It will promote more engagement, sharing and can help build trust between you and your customers.
Eye-catching social media images
Humans are visual creatures. We respond to images more than words. Given the choice, we will always look at what is being said in an image before reading any accompanying text. This makes it incredibly important for bloggers and marketers alike to promote their blog posts with eye-catching social media images that are so good they get people to stop scrolling through their feeds long enough to read your blog post.
Even if you promote your blog posts with images that are slightly less eye-catching, it is important to ensure that they stand out in some way from the crowd. It doesn’t matter how good your content is; people won’t stop scrolling through their feeds long enough to read it unless there is something about either your post title or your post image that is going to make them want to read on.
The best way to promote a post with an eye-catching social media image? Use images that are relevant, relatable, and shareable. In this article, we’ll explore how you can create these types of images for yourself to promote your blog posts, get more traffic and promote yourself as an expert in your industry.
Create a blog alliance
A blog alliance is when two or more bloggers promote each other’s blog. This is done when you need help with your blog and/or to promote it.
When you create a blog alliance, the rules will be different for both sides so make sure to talk about them before starting working together. The person who starts this type of relationship should start by introducing their blog and explain what is it about. Then, they need to promote the other blogger’s blog on social sites like Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (if you use this platform).
After that, the person who received the promotion should do exactly as before: introduce their own blog first then promote your partner’s site by sharing posts of theirs on their social media profiles.
This blog alliance should be done fairly and promote both blogs equally to keep a good relationship with other people who love blogging as much as you do.
Cross-pollinate your audience
Cross-pollinating is a great way for blog promotion, cross-pollinating is when blog promotion is done in a way that blog content and/or blog topics dovetail with one another.
For example, if you write an article about how to make raspberry jam at home, then you can post it on your blog as well as the subreddits; “What’s your favorite recipe?” and “DIY projects, crafts, and recipes.”
Leave super helpful comments on other blogs
Don’t forget to leave blog post responses and helpful comments on other blog posts. This gets you exposure, builds relationships with other bloggers, and allows your readers to get a feel for what kind of personality you have while encouraging them to come back for more blog posts in the future. Let’s not forget that blog promotion is also an important part of blog writing.
Include blog post responses and helpful comments on other blog posts to get exposure, build relationships with other bloggers, and encourage readers to return for more blog posts in the future. Lastly don’t forget that blog promotion is also an important part of blog writing.
Repurpose your blog posts in other formats
Blog posts that are more original and provide value to your blog readers will gain you a better audience. But blog posts don’t always have to be about writing, they can also be repurposed into other formats such as videos or slideshows.
- A blog post is an article on your blog
- Videos give people short bursts of information
- Slideshows are good for offering tips and tricks for a blog topic
Promote your blog in forums like Quora
Promoting on sites like Quora is a great way to get blog posts in front of new visitors. Quora is an online community where users can ask questions and receive responses from other people with similar interests. Users who reply are known as “Quorans” and they come from all different industries, so you’ll find many helpful minds on the site that may be interested in your blog posts.
Quora's blog promotion tips:
- Post in the appropriate category
- Provide a helpful answer to an existing question or add your thoughts and opinions on discussions that are happening in Quora communities (known as “threads”)
- Use formatting such as bold, italics, links, images, etc. to make your blog post easy to read on Quora
- By adding more than one link, you’ll be able to promote multiple blog posts.
Quora users tend to lean towards certain industries such as blogging and writing so if your blog is in a similar industry offering helpful content or advice it will likely perform well with the right promotion. If you have a blog about sharing your travel experiences, for example, Quora users may not be interested in reading blog posts from this type of blog.
Forums like Quora are valuable because they allow bloggers to reach new audiences as well as connect with other writers and industry experts that share interests. In addition to the benefits listed above blog promotion on sites like Quora can help to increase blog readership and blog traffic.
In-app notifications are a great way to reach your target audience about a new blog post or blog promotion or guest post.
In-app notifications are a great way to reach your target audience about a new blog post or blog promotion or guest post. Using in-app messages, you can easily promote blog posts and increase views of the blog by sending a push notification when someone opens the app after receiving an invite from their friend (share option). You can also create a blog post alert with simple blog content.
Tap into the power of online influencers
Influencer marketing is a growing trend. Where brands can create relationships with individuals who have an audience that they are interested in targeting to help them make more money. The blog post will focus on the power of online influencers and how this has helped many businesses increase their revenue through blog promotion, guest posts, or other means.
Niche Social Bookmarking Sites
Niche social bookmarking is great for blog promotion because they allow you to target your message towards a specific audience. They also boost blog exposure due to the high number of visitors these types of websites receive on an everyday basis.
Social bookmarking is an easy way for you to promote your blog posts without directly asking readers to share them. It’s also a good place to guest blog.
Use reciprocal sharing sites
Using reciprocal sharing sites can be an effective blog strategy. Reciprocal sharing sites allow users to post content across multiple accounts and networks at once, with the idea that more exposure will lead to increased blog traffic or sales.
There is a wide range of reciprocal sharing sites you can use for your blog:
- RSS feed submission (example: Feedage)
- blog directories (examples: GoArticles, BOTW)
- social bookmarking sites (example: Steemit)
A blog strategy using reciprocal sharing sites is worth trying.
Blog categories to include: guest post, blog resources, blog submission services, content curation tools.
With these blog promotion tips, you should be able to get your blog the attention it deserves. Use a mixture of social media and blog post optimization to create an online presence that gets people talking about what you have to say. The more time and effort you invest in promoting your blog posts, the better chance they will go viral or generate leads for your business! If this sounds like something you need help with don’t hesitate to reach out.
The 5 additional tricks are as follows:
- Regularly blog with content that is valuable, engaging, and highly targeted to your audience.
- Blog often- the more often you blog the more likely you are to have a fresh content index on Google.
- Split up your blog posts into shorter paragraphs of no more than 300 words each.
- Use images within your blogger post whenever possible to enhance the visual experience for your reader and provide valuable backlinks for Google’s indexing.
- Guest blog on other blogs related to your industry or niche to promote new ideas and insights to build an audience (not necessarily an “audience” who cares about how many page views they get).
MySource Solutions is a leading professional outsourcing provider with headquarters located in Kansas City, MO and our operational team located in Cebu, Philippines.
Established in 2017, MySource was founded by three veteran executives from the managed services and risk management industries that saw an ever increasing need to support the small business owner by providing crucial back office support services.
Share on facebook Facebook Share on google Google+ Share on twitter Twitter Share on linkedin LinkedIn Share on pinterest Pinterest The bootstrapping process can be
Consumer buying behavior is greatly affected by the advertising they are exposed to. This can be seen in many ways, for example through consumer choice
First let me say, I know most of you reading this do not like to do telemarketing yourselves! I get that, but you don’t have